after one month of active development, the new 0.13.2 version of the Vala programming language has been released.
- Enable flow analysis for out parameters.
- Refactor attribute handling.
- Add gedit-3.0 bindings.
- Add gtksourceview-3.0 bindings.
- Add rest-0.7 bindings.
- Add vte-2.90 bindings.
- Switch clutter-1.0 bindings to .gir.
- Switch libgdata bindings to .gir.
- Switch libsoup bindings to .gir.
- Many bug fixes and binding updates.
libvala breakage. Due to the "Refactor attribute handling" point in the release notes, the libvala API regarding the C information of symbols etc. has changed. All the C bits like get_cname() have been moved out of the code tree into CCodeBaseModule. Notice that CCodeBaseModule extensively cache the results of the calls per codenode, and never invalidates it.
valac file.vapi breakage. Passing .vapi files to valac won't peek the relative .deps file anymore. This behavior will be available only when using the --pkg switch.
out parameter warnings. The "Enable flow analysis for out parameters" point in the release notes means that out parameters must be initialized both before using it and before returning from the method.
More information and download at the Vala homepage.